Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Road Less Traveled...

My name is Alex Claster. I am twenty two years old and living in the greatest city in this world, New York City. The real question, that I am most frequently asked, is “how I got to this point in my life?” It’s a long story, but we only have a limited amount of space and time, so let’s get stated.

I was born on a stormy winter morning in November in Kansas City, Missouri where I grew up in a family of six, where I was the youngest of four boys. AS I grew older I went to the Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy where I attended school from kindergarten through my graduation from high school. While I was in high school I was involved in Boy scouts who lead me to be extremely involved with community service projects and the community as a whole. While don’t all the above I was also lettered in the entire varsity sports program that my school had to offered. Them being; basketball, soccer and baseball. I do feel like I was well educated and rounded in my stay in KC and my duration at the Hyman Brand. I feel as I left a footprint for those after me to follow and lead by my example.

After graduation I continued on to a year in Israel where I studied at Hebrew University for three months and then moved to Tel-Aviv where I taught English to children during the day and then in the evening taught basketball to young adults. This experience really gave me a chance to take some time out of my life and help the community where I was staying with a little something I had learned growing up. It not only gave me a chance to help them, but it also gave me a chance to grow as a individual before I went to college.

Finally, after the conclusion of my year in Israel I decided to attend Yeshiva University where I am still a student at. Where I continue to grow and mature into an adult.

It’s only the begging, so stay posted for more blogging and more updates in my life.

-A.W.C.

No comments: